We are a good example when it comes to being blogger besties, and the most important part to it is being supportive of one another! Here we share some tips on how to be a supportive blogger bestie!
Build Upon a Strong Foundation
- It’s important when starting a new project or business with your bestie, to build a strong foundation based upon your common interests, trust, values, and expectations. Don’t be afraid to lay your fears, concerns, and doubts on the table before jumping into it!
- Remember to continue to communicate because it’s all a process and not everything will be perfect right away!
Have an Open Mind
- When you have an open mind, you have different points of views that you can share with one another. You never know what you can create when you open yourself up to other people’s perspectives! Try thinking outside of the box and spending time brainstorming together!
- Be flexible with your time and be willing to adapt around each other’s schedules. Even if you can’t meet in person, find different ways like texting, sending emails, FaceTime, sharing google docs, or whatever it is you have to do to find that common ground of communication! This way, you are on the same page and can continue to stem budding ideas with each other!
- Though we have our differences, it’s amazing what constructive criticism can do to strengthen our relationship! A blogger bestie relationship can only thrive if both are open to honest feedback because that is how you grow and it’s ultimately all out of love!
Try New Things Together
- Cultivate creativity by doing different activities together! We once did a lettering workshop and took different road trips to get to know each other and became even greater friends because of it! It’s a lot more fun when you get to do activities and come up with new ideas that way as well! Whether it’s trying something new, having brunch, or just having that quality time!
Be a Friend First
- Remember that the priority is to be a friend first, then take care of business second. You should always be considerate and respectful of each others feelings and separate lives.
- Like don’t forget to feed your friend! Sometimes being hangry is a real thing, and no one likes to be hangry! Nancy and I are guilty of being hangry and we aren’t always the nicest, but once we have food, we’re good!
- To truly be a supportive blogger bestie is to also important be each other’s number one fans! Share the love!
Photos by: Valentin Saqueton